We are always accepting applications from happy, hard-working, reliable people. Please read carefully through this page before filling out an application. We now require a handwritten personal statement to accompany an application detailing why you would be a great match for The Painted Pig Studio . You can be as creative as you like, we want to get to know you a bit better! Simply print the application and drop it by the studio along with your personal statement.
First, a little bit about what exactly The Painted Pig is:
- A fun, relaxing atmosphere and clean environment in which people create. We help the “creatively challenged” find their creative side.
- A place for birthday parties, private parties, custom painting, summer camps and much more.
- Known by our customers as friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
- A tight-knit group that must work as a team. We work hard but we we have fun doing it.
- A place to learn: we will teach you how to work with paints, teach techniques, run efficient and fun birthday parties, glaze pottery and load kilns.
- An equal opportunity employer.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS (All Applicants)
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds
- Capable of being on your feet and active for a 5 or 8-hour shift
- Have a flexible schedule (ability to work evenings and weekends)
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Basic computer skills
- Good spelling and written communication skills
- Great verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and children
- Excellent time management and and multitasking abilities
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete tasks with little supervision
- This is a family friendly environment. Our employees present a drug- and alcohol-free appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
Ideal candidates are bubbly, friendly, patient, thorough, punctual, and love working with kids.
Studio Staff Job description
This position entails helping customers, set-up and clean-up, working as a team, and taking initiative. Here's a sample of the duties our employees perform:
- Greeting customers and teaching them about our wide variety of products. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach, and clean up after our customers.
- Utilizing our customer tracking system
- Unpacking shipments and updating inventory
- Glazing, loading and unloading the kiln, wrapping finished orders, and calling customers for pick-up
- Opening and closing the studio
- Working the cash register, running credit cards, and answering phones
- Assisting/ Leading kids camps, birthday parties, and classes
- Mopping, dusting, taking out the trash, and cleaning tables, chairs, counters, windows, and more. Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority.
- Working together in teams and independently
- Must be available for weekends and some nights
- Checking out customers
Studio Manager Job description
The Painted Pig is currently looking for an administrative-minded professional to help manage our day-to-day organizational needs. This is a part-time position that may require or allow working from home on occasion.
This job is perfect for anyone who is a fast learner, natural problem solver, and tech savvy. If you are task oriented, good at anticipating the needs of others, and like working on the tiniest of details, this job is for you!
An art background is not necessary. In fact, this position does not include any pottery painting or other employee-created art-work. It does include:
- Scheduling (but not always running) parties, events, and classes for children and adults
- Managing and replenishing inventory and studio supplies
- Communicating with the rest of the studio team
- Placing calls, returning voicemails, contacting customers
- Sending emails and managing our inbox
- Checking out customers
Custom Artist Job description
The Painted Pig is always looking for talented artists to help us with our custom orders. This is a part-time position that may require or allow working from home on occasion.
Our Custom Artists must be able to replicate samples as seen in the studio, have excellent penmanship, and be very organized. Artists must be efficient in completing their work, as well as tidy.
Pottery-painting experience is a major plus. Please provide several samples of work that include a demonstration of handwriting skills. Other duties that may be necessary:
- Communicating with customers to discuss alternate design options
- Painting orders in a timely fashion
- Coming up with cute new ideas for handprints and footprints
- Helping to design and produce painted gifts to sell finished to our customers